Swedish massage uses five styles of strokes and has shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness, and improving function. The style is referred to as “classic massage”
Infant and Prenatal Massage
Gently nurture your yourself and your baby with massage.
Jade Stone Massage
Cold or water-heated stones to apply pressure and heat to the body. Stones are placed along the recipient’s back, retaining heat which then deeply penetrates into the muscles, releasing tension.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue is a type of massage used to access deeper muscles and connective tissue to help decrease tension and scar tissue.
Most commonly used for chronic injuries that involve the neck, back and shoulders but can be used on any area of the body.
Indian Head Massage
A form of relaxation massage that focuses on areas of the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms. Releases stress and tension.
Mind-Body Balancing with Erica Blackburn
Is life chaotic, overwhelming, or busy? Are you feeling stressed, frazzled or burned out? Are you seeking to heal due to illness, injury or trauma? Searching for happiness and balance in your life? Are you feeling good and want to maintain or enhance your overall health and wellness?
Treat yourself to a tailored Holistic Therapy session. This treatment is designed to complement Massage Therapy and help you to relax your body and mind, restore inner peace, and connect you with your inner bliss. As layers of tension, interference, dis-ease and trauma are removed your body can tap into its innate ability to heal.
New at St. Margaret’s Bay Massage Therapy the Mind-Body Balancing treatment, which is a unique combination of Reiki Energy Healing, BodyTalk WholeHealthcare, Yoga Life Coaching, Essential Oil Therapy, Chakra Balancing, Crystal Therapy and Sound Healing (please see below for further details on each healing therapy). Mind-Body Balancing is performed on a massage table while you are fully clothed. We ask that you remove your shoes upon entering the building. We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing.
The treatments are safe, painless, non-invasive and suited for all ages and all health conditions. They can be effectively combined with other alternative or traditional healing treatments. These ancient therapeutic techniques can relieve tension, improve circulation, stimulate the nervous system, increase energy and boost the immune system…to name a few (read below for further details)! They can improve health and wellbeing on a physical, mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual level. The treatments are intended and designed to balance, restore and harmonize the body and mind as a whole system.
• Reiki Energy Healing (pronounced “RAY – KEE”): An ancient Japanese healing system that when translated means “universal life-force energy”. The Master/Teacher is Attuned to channel this high vibration healing energy into the client’s body by gentle touch or hands hovering over the body. Reiki activates your body’s natural ability to heal by breaking through energetic blocks, restoring your connection to source and revitalizing the natural flow of energy in your body.
• BodyTalk WholeHealthcare: A system of healing that identifies the deep and underlying causes of illness and dis-ease by addressing you as a whole-person, and your whole-story, as you are today. The technique provides insight as to what is a priority to heal, based on your body’s needs. BodyTalk refocuses and promotes your body’s natural healing response by establishing clear communication within your body-mind, and removing interference. Traditional Chinese Medicine and Bioenergetic Psychology are the foundations of BodyTalk. These systems provide an understanding of the relationships of physical wellbeing and psychological wellbeing.
• Yoga Life Coaching: A powerful, purposeful conversation based on what is happening in the present to design and create your best life now. You have a past and you do not have to re-live it. Philosophies from the ancient Eastern teachings are drawn upon to awaken and elevate your consciousness.
• Essential Oil Therapy: Also referred to as Aromatherapy, this is a therapeutic technique that uses naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants, flowers, trees and other sources of nature to balance, harmonize and promote the health of your body, emotions and mind. In this case, the Aromatherapy is delivered via the high quality, pure and potent doTERRA Essential Oils (used only if the client has no scent sensitivities).
• Chakra Balancing (Pronounced “SHA – CRA”): There are seven main energy centers in the body, along the spine, known as Chakras. Each Chakra correlates to specific organs, endocrines and systems in your body. Chakras absorb energy that comes from your thoughts, feelings and external environment. If the Chakra is out of balance, blocked, or spinning in the wrong direction it can cause ailments and dysfunction within your body. This misalignment can also impact your mental, emotional and spiritual health. The Chakra Balancing technique clears, unblocks, resets and restore balance to the Chakras.
• Crystal Therapy: Also know as Lithotherapy, is a technique that has been used for thousands of years to harnesses the incredible healing power of gemstones and crystals to realign the subtle systems of your body. They create protection from low, negative or dysfunctional energy through absorption and reflection. When placed on or around your body the high vibrational light energy of the gemstone or crystal amplifies, stabilizes and restores your vital life-force.
• Sound Healing: A form of subtle energy therapy, healing is promoted through the creation of sound from singing bowls, bells and rattles over the body’s Chakras or around the body’s Aura (field of energy surrounding the whole body). Positive sound is a form of high vibration energy. It helps to facilitate shifts in brainwaves by providing a stable rhythm and frequency for the brain to attune to. This allows the body to shift into alpha, the relaxed consciousness state, or theta, the meditative state. In these states, deep healing can occur to reduce anxiety, depression, stress, blood pressure, pain and confusion (used only if the client has no sound sensitivities).
• Oracle Card Reading: A form of an intuitive or psychic reading conveyed through the use of a variety of card decks (Angel cards, Goddess cards, Totem Animal cards, Chakra cards, etc.). A card, or a series of cards, may be drawn to guide the healing session, or cards are drawn based on specific questions the client has.
Are you curious? Want to explore further? We invite you to book your appointment today.
Return to wholeness and ease. Your mind, body and soul will thank you!
75-minute. Include health history & treatment. $120 (tax included).
60-minute. $90 (tax included).
75-minute. $120 (tax included).
90-minute. $150 (tax included).
* Please note: 24-hour cancellation is required or the session will be charged in full.*
Appointment follow-up recommendations will be provided at the end of each session.